Wall decorations have gained immense popularity in the last few years as it gives people a chance to try something new.
When you think of it, wall decorations aren’t entirely a new concept. Walls have been decorated for years. During old times, paintings and animal skin were used to decorate walls, but today we have more options at our disposal with wall art stickers being a popular choice among homeowners. However, a huge number of people also prefer wall stenciling.
Both these methods turn simple and empty walls into a piece of art and enhance the overall aura of the house.
However, there seems to be confusion regarding the better choice between the two. Today, we are going to have a comparison and find out the more effective wall decoration option.
Without much ado, let’s have a look:
Vinyl Wall Art Stickers
Applying vinyl wall art stickers on walls is an easy way to transform your home into a creative place. They are simple to use, easily available from markets and online. Moreover, they are very cheap.
They are made up of vinyl matte and come in various designs and sizes. Plus, you do not even need to learn to apply them as they are very easy to apply.
All you need to do is choose a wall, have it cleaned and make sure no bump or residues are there on the wall. Once you’ve cleaned the wall, leave it for a few hours so that it can become dry.
It is important for a wall to be dry if you wish to apply these stickers because they won’t stick properly if the wall is moist.
The next step involves separating the sticker from the white background tape and simply smacking the sticker on the wall, and you’re done.
Yes, it is that easy. No additional tools are available, and the job itself takes only a few minutes once you’ve found a wall to apply your wall stickers to.
Pros Of Vinyl Wall Art Stickers
- Easy to apply.
- Applied in mere minutes.
- No messing up the place or the hands while applying the stickers.
- No advanced tools required to apply the stickers.
Cons Of Vinyl Wall Art Stickers
- The sticker might begin to come off in humid weather, however, you can easily restick them.
Stencil painting is an alternative to wallpaper paintings. In this method, you can pick your own colors and patterns and decorate your walls as you like.
You need to use a wall stencil and also purchase one of these three paints: acrylic craft paint, fabric paint or spray paint.
Pros Of Stencil Painting
- You don’t have to worry about sticking anything from glue.
- Mix various paint colors to get the desired color.
- Choose from a variety of stencils to paint your walls.
- Purchase stencils for $40 or less.
Cons Of Stencil Painting
- Much more expensive than vinyl stickers.
- The room gets messy, and so do the hands of the person who uses the stencil.
- You need to use a foam roller and dispose it after every paint session.
- The process takes a lot of time and even days if you have more than one wall to paint.
Considering both these options, it can be concluded that vinyl stickers are far more convenient, easy to apply and affordable than stencil painting.